This Jacket pays homage to the iconic MA-1 jackets with classic exacting details. The pattern of this jacket is a reproduction of the United States Air Force classic military MA-1 Flight Jackets (MIL-J-8279) from ALBERT TURNER dated 1955.
- 2/2 Heavy Nylon Twill Government Use. Made of 100% nylon, heavy nylon twill in light sage green with a tint of grey. It is high density and extremely durable. It combines the toughness and the natural softness for comfort.
- Fully lined, 100% nylon twill lining.
- Inside padding. 58% Wool 42% Cotton.
- Zipper closure with internal storm flap with zig-zag stitching. Wind flap protector located behind zipper closure. Front fastener heavy-duty Crown zipper with zip tape made of all-cotton HBT fabric.
- Two exterior slanted single welt snap-closure pockets lined with warm 36% wool and rayon 42% blended double face brushed fabric. Two interior vertical-side-entry snap-closure pockets lined with cotton. Zippered cigarette pocket outfitted with four pen/pencil slots (utility pocket) on left sleeve. Zipper with leather pull tab on sleeve pocket.
- Two-ply worsted-wool cuffs with the narrow weave graduating into the wider weave at top.
- Plain (Solid color) with U. S. Air Forces shoulder sleeve insignia paint on left arm. USAF insignia transfer on under maker label in lining.
- Set-in sleeves.
- Copy of original maker's label. ALBERT TURNER. MIL-J-8279. STOCK NO. 8415-273-3970. ORDER NO.AF 33(602)6409.
- Made in Japan
Made from a sturdy cotton with a lovely off-white base and hickory stripe. Features: •point collar •two flap-chest button though pockets •curved hem •made in Japan
Originally used as a thin sports jacket to wear at the time of gentle rain and drizzle in the 1940’s, but soon became a global hit item by being used...